Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Paid Unpaid

With toenails painted in motley colours,
I’m running across the eternal pyres....
The ghosts of loneliness have filled the air
The smell so known, I am living with my fear...
Why does it rain when you are not here?
Is it I am avenged, because I still do care?

The pendulum swings, & with it swings
The past and the present....
Conspired against me by a part of me
Reminiscence indeed is vengeance....
Your thoughts have melted the night away
And I have fooled myself; have let me sway....

Swayed across the songs that we once had sung
The words still clear, the tune though lost
I am fumbling for the tune, I am paying the cost
The cost of life, the cost of living....
You know it all, you indeed know dear
I am paying with my sanity; I am living with my fear....

No comments:

Post a Comment