Friday, April 8, 2011

You don’t know how cheesy and impractical I can get. You don’t know how very filmy and BOLLYWOOD I can get. Let me be impractical and cheesy in life, because one life’s what is left.

I can become a Mother India for you, I can become a Mr. India for you,
I can become a Baadnaam munni for you, I can become a Jawan Sheila for you....
I will cry for you like Meena Kumari and I will smile for you like Nutan,
I will blush for you like Sharmila and I will dance for you like Helen,
Will seduce you like Rekha and sing for you like Asha,
Will wear a bindi like Bindu and have a swayambar like Rakhi....
I will become a Sush for you, I will become an Ash for you....
The Bebo and the Lolo for you, the Kajol and the Rani for you....
The King Khan for you and the Umrao Jaan for you.
The Big.B for you the Chote Nawab for you.
The Rocket Singh for you the Raj Malhotra for you.
For you I am the Parvati, for you I am the Chandramukhi,
For you I am the Maili Ganga, for you I am Madhuri’s lehenga,
For you I am the Radha, for you I am the Meeraa,
For you I can get up on the Howrah Bridge, and do exactly what Dharm Paji did in SHOLAY....
I can become the Guide Raju, can go for a hunger strike....
I can become the Jaabaaz and can race a bike....
For you I can become a 420 chachi , or a motherly Rakhi.
For you I can kill like Sharuk Khan, can also die like Noor jehaan.
You bring out the Joker in me, the Aawara in me,
The Jonny Gaddar in me, the Raju Romeo in me
The Rudali in me, the Dil Banjara in me,
The Mirch masala in me, the Madam X in me,
You bring out the hidden Maya Memsaab and the forgotten Janshi Ki Rani in me....
My dil is pagal for you, I am already Ghayal for you,
I am Beqabu for you, I am Sharabi for you....
For you is my Lamhe, for you is my Sadma,
For you is my Zakhm, for you is my Nagma,
For you is my Ashique, for you is my Jawani,
For you I do bak bak, for you is my Dhak Dhak....
My Choti si asha, my Choti Si Baat, my Baton Baton Mein....
My khayals, my gazals, my Gulzaar , my Dil, my Dard, my Sapney.....
I will smoke up like Zeenat and ride a horse like Parveen,
Do all the crazy crazy things that the Shammi kapoors do....
I will do the Bhangra for you, I will sing the Bhawai for you,
I will do the Mast Mast for you I will do the Hawa Hawai for you,
I will give you my Jism, my Chadti Jawani,
Ajab prem ki Ajab Kahani and Tip Tip Barsha Pani
I will play the Bhumika for you, will rename myself Pakeezah for you....
You can call me Puspa like Rajesh Khanna and I will call you Ramesh Babu,
Sometimes may be Simran and I will call you Raaj....
We will dance on the moving trains; make it in the pouring rains,
Run in the tulip fields, sing on helicopters and make love on fire....
We will sing inside the elevator and live on the roads....
We will name our home Basera....

I try to be pragmatic. I try to open my eyes, try to rub the cobwebs of impracticality away, but fail. One day, your practical words will not awe me with their ease. One day, I will stop trying so hard. One day, you will be mine....

1 comment:

  1. hushh!!

    congratulations.. this is super amazing.. read it twice over.. and i can read it again! tooo ;)

    keep goin.. i loved ur blog!!! love. loveee melo

    ReplyDelete